BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
DanieleTiles
Calcite | Level 5
Hi to all,
I've got a simple picture format:

proc format;
picture posval low-high='000,009';
run;

However, I've got this problem: I'd like to represent the number as it would appear with a commax value (so it'd be shown like 200.000 and not as 200,000...in Italy we use a different format :))
I didn't find any hint on how to do it...
Thanks

Daniele
7 REPLIES 7
sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10 sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
You have SAS-standard NLS (National Language Support) formats which address the decimal/comma consideration. You will need to look in the SAS National Language Support (NLS): Reference Guide for details, however I provided a DOC link below which mentions them.

Or, the PICTURE statement you have shown can also be changed from a comma to a period.

Scott Barry
SBBWorks, Inc.

Formats Documented in Other SAS Publications
The main references for SAS formats are SAS Language Reference: Dictionary and the SAS National Language Support (NLS): Reference Guide. See the documentation for your operating environment for host-specific information about formats.
http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/lrdict/61724/HTML/default/a003168458.htm
DanieleTiles
Calcite | Level 5
Hi there,
actually, I had tried to change from comma to dot before writing (otherwise I wouldn't have written! 🙂 )
Thanks for the link, I'll take a look and hopefully solve this problem.
Best regards

Daniele
Patrick
Opal | Level 21
Hi Daniele

Have a look at the following. I assume one of the options should cover your needs.

HTH
Patrick

options LOCALE=Italian_Italy;
data _null_;
a=200000.001;
put a= best32.2;
put a= nlnum32.2;
put a= nlnumi32.2;
put a= comma32.2;
put a= commax32.2;
run;

options LOCALE=English_UnitedStates;
data _null_;
a=200000.001;
put a= best32.2;
put a= nlnum32.2;
put a= nlnumi32.2;
put a= comma32.2;
put a= commax32.2;
run;
DanieleTiles
Calcite | Level 5
Hi Patrick,
I've tried with the options Locale, but I didn't see any change in the picture format...with normal formats I've no problem in replacing dot with comma.
Only with the picture one...
Patrick
Opal | Level 21
Hi Daniele

The example below based on http://www.listserv.uga.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind0305d&L=sas-l&P=31270

What would we do without Google 🙂

HTH
Patrick

proc format ;
picture q low - high = '000.009,999' (decsep="," dig3sep=".");
run ;

data _null_ ;
x = 200 ;
put x= q. ;
x = 200000 ;
put x= q. ;
x = 200000.001 ;
put x= q. ;
run ;
DanieleTiles
Calcite | Level 5
Dear Patrick,
THANKS!! I couldn't find that options, and now I'm happy!! 😄
Best regards!

Daniele
Tim_SAS
Barite | Level 11
Just as a shout-out for our Publications folks, here's the online documentation for those two options.

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/proc/61895/HTML/default/a002473467.htm#a003281531.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation