BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
helloSAS
Obsidian | Level 7

I am using Proc dbload to load into excel file using following code. I got the below error. Can anyone tell me why dbload cannot load more than 16384 rows? What is the alternative code?

proc dbload dbms = excel data = c2&tapein;

path     = &detail1;

putnames = yes;

limit    = 0;

rename co       ='Coll Office'

curr     ='Currency'

load;

run;

ERROR: The maximum number of rows has been exceeded, no more observations will be loaded.

ERROR: The maximum number of rows has been exceeded, no more observations will be loaded.

ERROR: Insert failed for obs number 16384.

3 REPLIES 3
DanielSantos
Barite | Level 11

Hello HelloSAS Smiley Happy

Read this please:

https://communities.sas.com/thread/2158?start=0&tstart=0

Cheers from Portugal.

Daniel Santos @ www.cgd.pt

SASKiwi
PROC Star

The number of rows an Excel spreadsheet can store depends on what version you are writing to. Prior to Excel 2008, 64K rows is the limit, so if you try PROC EXPORT as suggested in Daniel's link then you should be able to load at least 64K rows. From 2008 onwards the limit is 1 million rows.

Ksharp
Super User

Why would you still use proc dbload.

It is outdated (too old product). only can read excel file before excel2003 .

Currently, We often use proc import or libname to import excel file.

Ksharp

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation