BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Aman4SAS
Obsidian | Level 7

i have a data set with 7000+ variable , when i m exporting this dataset to excel , i m getting missing variable name in excel after 2000 variable.

please suggest me how can i resolve this issue.

Thanks in advance

6 REPLIES 6
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

Why do you have 7' variables? Sounds like a bad design.

Data never sleeps
RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

There is a limit to the number of columns that Excel can handle, you are probably exceeding that.  Totally agree with Linus Hjorth, 7000 columns is unworkable in any situation.  What are you trying to do, if its a report then you need better design, summarise the data for instance.  If you are doing data transfer then CSV, or just dataset.

Aman4SAS
Obsidian | Level 7

I have 7000+ orgnaization with 24 month data i need to create a mmm model. To see the pattern and effects i need to create it. I just looking a solution if is it possible to export or m i doing any mistake to export.

Please suggest

RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

Sorry, I am not understanding you.  Is this a model you are doing in SAS?  If so why the need to export anything to Excel?

If you are doing something in Excel, then you need to be aware of the limitations of Excel.

ravi_paradkar
Calcite | Level 5

Try using sas addin in micorsoft excel and pull the data from sas using its objects.

terryfearn
Calcite | Level 5

I think that you should make the organization a variable and create one dataset with all the organizations. Then you can make the organization variable part of the analysis.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 in conversation