BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
LucyB
Obsidian | Level 7

I have pre/post data for one group - outcome is a score. I am interested to see if the scores vary by a covariate like gender. If I use the by command in the ttest procedure, it does not give me a significant p value for differences by gender. how can i go about doing this?

4 REPLIES 4
Reeza
Super User

I think you need a PROC ANOVA not a T-Test. 

LucyB
Obsidian | Level 7

So would be outcome variable be the difference? And my independent would be gender, but do I need to adjust for baseline (pre) scores as well?

Reeza
Super User

Pre-calculate the differences and test if the difference is different between the groups and not equal to 0. 

ie Mean from Group A = Mean from Group B = Mean from Group  = 0

where mean = post-pre score

Reeza
Super User

Also, BY statements splits an analysis for each group. It's the equivalent of doing some repeatedly for each group but they're considered individually. Analyses do not cross between BY groups. 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation