BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Jimbo
Calcite | Level 5
Hi,

Sorry if this is an old question but I cannot find a answer in the forum / support materials.

I'm new to SAS and am trying to create a table to compare baseline characteristics between two groups (intervention / no intervention).

Some of the baseline data is binary (eg diabetes / not) and some is numerical (eg age).

Using either proc report / tabulate I can show that between group 1 and 2 the average age / percent of diabetics looks roughly the same, but I am at a loss to show that they are 'statistically comparable' by incorporating p-values for each characteristic between groups.

Is it possible to incorporate this calculation or do I need to independently perform the calculation and subsequently incorporate this data to my table?

Many thanks for any help,
Jim
2 REPLIES 2
Ksharp
Super User
Yes.You need to independently perform the calculation and subsequently incorporate this data to your table.
If they were matched obs then firstly calculate their difference x=a-b ,secondly to test whether x equal zero.
If they were independently then use proc ttest or proc nparm1way to calculate the p-value.

Ksharp
Jimbo
Calcite | Level 5
Many thanks,

Jim

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation