BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
csetzkorn
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

This code:

proc plm restore=SomeLib.ModelParams;
	score data=SomeLib.TestData out=SomeLib.Predictions;  
run;

produces the dataset SomeLib.Predictions which contains the predictions of the model against the dataset SomeLib.TestData.

Just wondering, can I use proc plm to obtain performance metrics such as:

Root MSE
Dependent Mean
R-Square
Adj R-Sq
AIC
AICC
SBC
ASE

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

Not really. Those statistics have to do with evaluating the suitability of the model fit, so they come out of the regression procedures. They don't change after the model is fit. In contrast, PROC PLM is intended for for post-fitting analyses (after you have settled on a model) such as scoring new data or testing for treatment differences.

PROC PLM does provide some model statistics if you use the SHOW statement. For example, you can submit SHOW FITSTATS, which provides the MSE and ErrorDF statistics. So you can get figure out the RMSE. But I don't see an easy way to get AIC, BIC, etc

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

Not really. Those statistics have to do with evaluating the suitability of the model fit, so they come out of the regression procedures. They don't change after the model is fit. In contrast, PROC PLM is intended for for post-fitting analyses (after you have settled on a model) such as scoring new data or testing for treatment differences.

PROC PLM does provide some model statistics if you use the SHOW statement. For example, you can submit SHOW FITSTATS, which provides the MSE and ErrorDF statistics. So you can get figure out the RMSE. But I don't see an easy way to get AIC, BIC, etc

csetzkorn
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
Thanks but they change when I apply the model to new data (e.g. to assess when the model start to diverge - e.g. adjusted R squared decreases). I will take a look at SHOW.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation