BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
td1234
Calcite | Level 5

Basic question.  Is there a way to fix the SAS options so the log fills the screen and then waits for the user to press the space bar to continue?

At my old job, the SAS log used to fill the screen and then wait.

5 REPLIES 5
jakarman
Barite | Level 11

When you are still using DMS and X11 on a Unix system ... That is very archaic and not very stable anymore these days.

You could try: SAS(R) 9.4 Companion for UNIX Environments, Third Edition to have some personal settings changed. I do not know if it worth the effort.

Alls is changing to using Eguide - session processing - grid like and the latest with SAS -studio is web-based

---->-- ja karman --<-----
Peter_C
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

AUTOSCROLL

is the command to investigate

td1234
Calcite | Level 5

I tried using auto scroll at the command line but i wasn't able to get it to work

Peter_C
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

OUTPUT.PNG

apologies

- next to the autoscroll details in the OUTPUT window is a checkbox for "page mode".

I think that is the feature you need.

However, it's not available on the LOG window options, sorry

Peter_C
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

http://support.sas.com/kb/13/547.html  provides useful background on the effects of autopop and autoscroll . So you might get indications from the article about which options to test.

once you can control the window behaviour you seek, then use the command I think was referred earlier:

WSAVE ALL

That saves all current window display options into objects in the catalog PROFILE in SASUSER library [or in WORK library if your session could not get exclusive update permission on SASUSER.PROFILE at startup]. That way your preferred window behaviour will become automatic as the SAS Windowing Environment (often referred to as Display Manager) starts.

Good luck

peterC

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation