BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Esterina
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi All,

There is this error when I start SAS, is there any solution?

java child process terminated unexpectedly: status - 1073740940 Failed to attached to Java during SAS startup

Esterina_1-1710457044493.png

Esterina_0-1710457025915.png

Thanks,

Esterina

3 REPLIES 3
tjc
Calcite | Level 5 tjc
Calcite | Level 5

Having same issue myself. Started after being given an install script for a new setinit license upgrade - perhaps something got clobbered?

SASKiwi
PROC Star

I suggest you open a Tech Support track for this since more evidence and diagnosing is required.

The problem sounds similar to this: https://support.sas.com/kb/66/603.html

BrNiel
SAS Employee

Good afternoon!

This exact error message (especially when you see an Application Error from jproxy.exe in the Windows Event log each time Base SAS/SAS Foundation is launched) is usually caused by antivirus software blocking the startup of the SAS Private Java Runtime Engine

Have your I.T. team add the exclusions noted in SAS Support - Base SAS® shows the message, "ERROR: The java child process terminated unexpectedly: s... and test opening the application again.

Note: This has been seen 99% of the time with SentinelOne, because it will often times block the application without raising an error to the user/logs.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 4 in conversation