delimiter=';';
getnames=yes;
run;

Error: physical file does not exist.

Error: import unsuccessful

5 REPLIES 5
ballardw
Super User

Are you working with a server? The file path would have to be visible from the server.

Which version of SAS are you running? University Edition uses 1) Linux path descriptions and 2) the file system starts with the shared folder and not the desktop, the file would have to be in the shared folder set up in the VM AND file path and names are case sensitive.

Generally "desktops" are very poor places for data files. Learn your file system and put them somewhere meaningful. And doesn't "USERS" have an actual user name afterwards?

ojoseph
Calcite | Level 5

the datasets is taking from uci machine learning. i don't know why am find it difficult to access the data.

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

If you are using SAS UE or a server-based SAS, this:

proc import datafile= "‪C:\Users\Desktop\bankmarketing.csv"

can never work, as neither the UE virtual machine nor a server can "see" your C: drive.

So it is now essential that you reveal which SAS environment you are using.

mkeintz
PROC Star

Are you missing a userid in the path (as in MYUSERID below)?

Usually it would be "c:\users\MYUSERID\Desktop\bankmarketing.csv"

--------------------------
The hash OUTPUT method will overwrite a SAS data set, but not append. That can be costly. Consider voting for Add a HASH object method which would append a hash object to an existing SAS data set

Would enabling PROC SORT to simultaneously output multiple datasets be useful? Then vote for
Allow PROC SORT to output multiple datasets

--------------------------
ojoseph
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you for concern. I changed my datasets to German credit. I have finished the task already.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation