BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi all

I wanna do a test seeing if my two quantitatives variables are independant or not.
The regression straight equation is alpha+beta*x=y.
The null hypothesis H0 states : Beta equals zero.

How to translate that into SAS ?

I would like to use the PROC REG or PROC GLM.

Thank you
2 REPLIES 2
Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
In REG or GLM, x is the independent variable and y is the dependent variable. The model tests the hypothesis that the x variable is linearly predictive of the y variable.

This can be looked at as a test of linear independence, but it is not a test of general independence; it's not sensitive to some non-linear relationships in the data.

CORR will look at monotonic relationships (in the Spearman or Kendall's statistics), but it will still miss a "bathtub" relationship.

So, do graphs to look at your data too.

Doc Muhlbaier
Duke
deleted_user
Not applicable
Basically what I have to do is to test if 2 variables are independant or not.
Gonna study your answers.
Thanks Message was edited by: babaorumi

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation