BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hey guys,

I'm having trouble with SAS 9.2, having upgraded from 9.1. When I was on 9.1, I would double click on a SAS program and with would open up for me in the program editor.

Now, when I double click on a program, SAS runs it and creates a text file in the same directory (it looks like the log file). I want to change it back so that when I double click on it, it'll open up in the program editor for me.

I'm running on Windows 7 64bit.

Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10 sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
The SAS support http://support.sas.com/ website has this usage note on the topic - at the bottom is where Windows 7 is discussed, however it still involves using a SAS-supplied utility to deal with file-types and their default launch associations.

Scott Barry
SBBWorks, Inc.

Suggested Google advanced search argument, this topic / post:

sas file extension windows 7 site:sas.com

Search Results revealed this match:

Usage Note 32464: Registering file types via the SAS Filetype Registration Utility for SAS® 9.2 Phase 1 and SAS® Enterprise Guide®
http://support.sas.com/kb/32/464.html
deleted_user
Not applicable
Thank you very much for your reply and help.

Looking into your suggestion, it appears I have phase 2 installed and don't need the file type registration utility. Following the instructions for Phase 2, I see that I can only select/unselect files that sas uses. I can't actually select how SAS opens them. In addition, there appears to be an error in the registry when I try to make changes and click OK.

Do you happen to have other suggestions?
sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10 sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
Yes - at this point, you would be best served by contacting SAS tech support, opening a "track" for your problem/situation. The bottom area of the SAS forums discussion website contains a link to open a support track.

Scott Barry
SBBWorks, Inc.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation