BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
podarum
Quartz | Level 8

I'm not sure if there is somehting wrong with the code, but I need to omit if date is missing.  I am using this code, and getting an error.

((LN2.close_reason in 'AB','AM','AO','AC','AR') and ln_close_dt ne .)

ERROR: Teradata prepare: Syntax error: expected something between 'ne' and '.'.

2 REPLIES 2
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Try: LN2.close_reason in ('AB','AM','AO','AC','AR') and ln_close_dt is not NULL

jakarman
Barite | Level 11

Teradata is a RDBMS conforming SQL approaches.   The missing approach doesn't exist instead there is a 3 value logic Three-valued logic - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The NULL is logically not the same as the SAS missing although they are technically mapped. The NULL value is an indicator the field is technically missing caused by eg joins.

Dates within Teradata are stored in a different format. They are stored in binary format but are not as a continues flow (day after day) instead they are using the readable decimal numbers after a conversion for that.
That is making working with dates using Teradata/SAS intergration very surprising. It is not the same as you were working in a only SAS environment. 

---->-- ja karman --<-----

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 3 in conversation