BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
Dear Community!

I'm trying to use a catalog that was created under a different operating system (Microsoft Windows XP). As far as I know, PROC CPORT has to be used on the source machine (Microsoft Windows XP) to export the catalog, and PROC CIMPORT on my target machine (Windows7) to import it. Since I don't have access to a SAS Version running on Windows XP, I looking for another solution. Or could anybody using Windows XP do the export and send the catalog file per email back to me? I'd be very glad for any advice.

Thanks a lot!

Andy
3 REPLIES 3
SASKiwi
PROC Star
Are you using the 32-bit or 64-bit version of Windows 7? If your problem is converting a 32-bit SAS catalog to a 64-bit version then the MIGRATE procedure would be worth checking out. This will only be of use if you are using SAS 6.2. Message was edited by: SASKiwi
deleted_user
Not applicable
Dear SASKiwi,

thanks for your reply. In principal, I can run SAS 9.2 on both 32-bit and 64-bit. But the catalog was compiled on Windows XP Professional (SAS 9.1) so that I receive nothing but the error message in the log. The only solution I see is finding someone with Windows XP who can export the catalog by PROC CPORT for me. Or is it possible in another way?

Thanks again!

Andy
SASKiwi
PROC Star
Have you tried PROC MIGRATE? The doc says you can use it from 9.2 only. If this fails then the CPORT/CIMPORT option you describe is probably the only option.

Good luck!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation