BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
SunilJ
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

Following is oracle query and I am trying to do it in SAS. I did not find any alternative. Can someone please help me in this, I really appreciate.

SELECT APPS.*,

DENSE_RANK() OVER (PARTITION BY APPS.APP_NBR ORDER BY APPS.V_RANK_DAYS2APP, ABS(V_RANK_DAYS2APP),

DECODE(MATCHED_ON,7,1, 5,2, 3,3, 6,4, 1,5, 4,6, 2,7, 9), ROWNUM) AS V_DAYS2APP_RANK

FROM APPS

Thanks,

Sunny

1 REPLY 1
Patrick
Opal | Level 21

PROC RANK would allow you to do ranking using "dense". I've never used "decode()" and just looked it up in the Oracle documentation. From what I understand this would require some post processing of the result returned by PROC RANK (so an additional PROC SQL/Data Step on the output of the PROC RANK procedure via an additional pass through the data).

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation