I need to converting define.xml to pdf file

Could any one help me please?

Thanks,

Sam

12 REPLIES 12
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

It depends on the tools you're using to create define.xml whether you can automatically create define.pdf. Are you using the SAS Clinical Standards Toolkit? Are you using SAS Drug Development? Are you using SAS Clinical DI? Are you using a 3rd party tool? Are you using an in-house written transformation? There is a separate forum for Health and Life Sciences related questions. This would be better posted there. Or, depending on the method you're using, you might want to work with Tech Support.

cynthia

sampath
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks Cynthia. I was given the define.xml directly (delivered from vendor, so I am not sure what they have used create the define.xml files). Could you please let me know about other forum for Health and Life Sciences related questions.

Thanks,

Sam.

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

Here is the forum link

cynthia

Ksharp
Super User

First using libname + xml engine transfer it into  dataset then use ODS transfer it into PDF ?

Ksharp

sampath
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Ksharp,

Thank you very much for the reponse. Could you please let me know if the following code is fine to convert it into SAS dataset.

FILENAME DEFINE "C:\Projects\CDISC\Define.xml\define.xml";

FILENAME SXLEMAP "C:\Projects\CDISC\Define.xml\DefineXML.map";

LIBNAME DEFINE XML XMLMAP=SXLEMAP access=READONLY;

PROC COPY IN=define OUT=outlib;

RUN;

regards,

Sam

Ksharp
Super User

Sorry. I have little experience about transforming XML file . Plz refer to SAS documentation -- xml .

Gnana
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I have developed small tool convert Define.xml to pdf format.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moOK7Rn2cyQ

It works only for SDTM define. 

PriyankaP
Calcite | Level 5

Hey!,

I tried using the solution provided in the paper. However I am getting an error which says ''Could not find or load main class org.apache.fop.cli.Main"

Can you please help?

blueskyxyz
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
the e-submission to FDA, pdf define is not necessay
shyamtawde
Fluorite | Level 6
Same error is showing has anyone have solution on this. Please help on this
Ksharp
Super User

You could use PROC XSL to convert define.xml into HTML .

https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Health-and-Life-Sciences/rendering-define-xml/m-p/815328

https://swhume.github.io/blog-2022-generate-html-from-xml.html

After that Open that HTML by Chrome/IE browser and Save it as PDF .

Ksharp_0-1677848196684.png

Check attachment.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 7 in conversation