BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
pammers
Calcite | Level 5

I realize this is a multi-step process. Two years ago I pulled multiple files out of a longitudinal dataset to create my sampleset. I found out the variable I needed is not among them.

Trying to save file pulled from other location into existing library (to start the long and painful process of merging) but it is not working. I am using the libname command, but my file is not showing up. I realize it is a dead easy thing to do but I am missing something. Can someone help me out? Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
pammers
Calcite | Level 5
That is the tricky part. I am unable to take anyrhing out of the research
centre (including syntax) so I am relying on memory.
error_prone
Barite | Level 11

Without code and log it will be hardly possible to help you. Posting example-data as data step could help, too.

Reeza
Super User

1. What is your file type, SAS7BDAT? If so, assign a library to the current location and a second to the new location. Then use PROC COPY or DATASETS to move the data. The documentation is available in the RDC and can be accessed so that you can see examples. 

2. If no, you'll need to first import the data and then do step 1.

pammers
Calcite | Level 5
Thank you! It is a sasbdat file. I did assign the library but perhaps did
not finish the step? Will try again tomorrow.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation