BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
EhsanKhedive
Calcite | Level 5

Hi

I ran a program in both GLIMMIX and MIXED procs to perform Games-Howell test, but the software did not adjust DFs and the results are same as when I do not assume heterogeneity of variances.

This is the statements.

proc glimmix;

class trt;

model Cla=trt/ddfm=rk;

lsmeans trt/adjust=tukey adjdfe=row;

run;quit;

I appreciate any help.

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19

It may just be a typo, but I assume you are applying a Kenward-Rogers adjustment for the denominator degrees of freedom adjustment (where you have ddfm=rk, I think it is probably ddfm=kr in your actual code).  Unless you have unbalanced data, or an R side effect, the degrees of freedom will not change, so far as I remember.  Are you comparing (homogeneous variance):

proc glimmix;

class trt;

model Cla=trt/ddfm=kr;

run;

to (heterogeneous variances by trt):

proc glimmix;

class trt;

model Cla=trt/ddfm=kr;

random _residual_/group=trt;

run;

Steve Denham

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19

It may just be a typo, but I assume you are applying a Kenward-Rogers adjustment for the denominator degrees of freedom adjustment (where you have ddfm=rk, I think it is probably ddfm=kr in your actual code).  Unless you have unbalanced data, or an R side effect, the degrees of freedom will not change, so far as I remember.  Are you comparing (homogeneous variance):

proc glimmix;

class trt;

model Cla=trt/ddfm=kr;

run;

to (heterogeneous variances by trt):

proc glimmix;

class trt;

model Cla=trt/ddfm=kr;

random _residual_/group=trt;

run;

Steve Denham

EhsanKhedive
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you dear Steve for the answer.

yes that was Kenward-Rogers.

I missed the random statement. I am comparing heterogeneous variances with unbalanced data. Can you explain a little what is R side effect, please?

regards

SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19

R side effects give rise to marginal estimates, and are the equivalent of the REPEATED statement in PROC MIXED.  They are invoked in PROC GLIMMIX by including the residual option after the slash, or when only fitting for overdispersion/hetereogeneity with the _residual_ option before the slash.

G side effects give rise to conditional estimates, and are the equivalent of the RANDOM statement in PROC MIXED.

Steve Denham

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation