BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
I am trying to create a yield calculation that basically finds the yield for a security using 'guess and check'. Right now, in Excel I have 300+ rows of data, and each row gets put through the same calculation, which is driven by yield (the guess and check number). The result of this calculation for each row is then summed together, and compared to a total I have in another sheet. If the summed total, and the total I already have don't match, the process starts all over again. I am trying to automate this process in SAS.

I've tried DO LOOPS, RETURNS, GO TOs all without much effect. Can someone please point me in the right direction, asfar as how to do this calculation in SAS?

Thank you.
2 REPLIES 2
Stephanie55901
Calcite | Level 5
so your sasdata is like:

id yield total
1 20 20
1 30 50
1 40 90
2 25 25
2 12 37

?
deleted_user
Not applicable
Here's an example that kind of simplifies....

OBS | AMT | FACTOR| CALC
1 | 10 | .5 | 5
2 | 20 | .5 | 10
3 | 20 | .4 | 8
4 | 25 | .4 | 10
5 | 25 | .4 | 10

FACTOR is a calculation that is driven by what the Yield I need is (guess and check). Calc is the result for each row. After the calculation is made, I need to add the CALC numbers to create a total (this case it would be 43) and then compare to a total I already have (let's say 50).

So my calculation grand total is 43, but I need 50, so I would need to run the whole thing again trying another YIELD.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation