BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
It will run without the COUNT() statement but with it there, it won't run. It's so frustrating; I can't figure out why! TMISSING variable has either 'YES' or 'NO' and I want to count how many YES's per cycle per person (ID_NUM).

PROC SQL;
CREATE TABLE SUBJECT AS
SELECT DISTINCT ID_NUM AS ID, CYCLE LENGTH=5, TMISSING LENGTH=8,
COUNT(DISTINCT TMISSING='YES') AS COUNT LENGTH=5
FROM STACKED_DENTAL
GROUP BY ID_NUM, CYCLE;
QUIT;
PROC PRINT DATA=SUBJECT;
RUN;
2 REPLIES 2
Flip
Fluorite | Level 6
COUNT(DISTINCT TMISSING='YES') should return 2 since the distinct values of the logical result of (TMISSING='YES') would be True and False. so 2 distinct values. SUM(DISTINCT TMISSING='YES') should give you what you want

Message was edited by: Flip
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
For simple counting reports, I always turn to PROC FREQ. For example, if I want to know how many products were sold for each REGION in SASHELP.SHOES, I can do this, using BY group processing:
[pre]
proc sort data=sashelp.shoes out=shoes;
by region;
run;

ods html file='c:\temp\shoe_count.html' style=sasweb;
proc freq data=shoes;
by region;
table product;
run;
ods html close;
[/pre]

Just as you can have more variables listed in a GROUP BY for PROC SQL, you can have more than one BY variable used for BY group processing. So your PROC FREQ could have BY ID_NUM CYCLE for your PROC FREQ.

cynthia

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation