BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
kt_uwa1990
Calcite | Level 5

Hi

I am trying to get white standard errors test in my logistic regression. I read a few articles on the internet and came up with the following code:

proc logistic data = LOG;

model log = lsize lprice lsales roa ato chscaled re_ta re_te bmratio indrev TAX86 TAX03/ acov;

run;

However this "/ acov" does not work. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

9 REPLIES 9
art297
Opal | Level 21

I think that would be correct if you were using proc reg.  Take a look at: http://pages.stern.nyu.edu/~adesouza/comp/sas.html

kt_uwa1990
Calcite | Level 5

These are all for PROC reg how do I what to use for the logistic code?

kt_uwa1990
Calcite | Level 5

This seems to work:

data log;

set log;

counter=_n_;

run;

proc surveyreg data=log;

cluster counter;

model log = lsize lprice lsales roa ato chscaled re_ta re_te bmratio indrev;

run;

Just checking that is this appropriate for the logistic model.?

SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19

If the variable "log" is a binary variable, then you may want to look at PROC SURVEYLOGISTIC.  If it is a continuous variable, then the SURVEYREG code will be a good start.  Be aware, though, that it is NOT a logistic model.

Steve Denham

kt_uwa1990
Calcite | Level 5

This seems to work, just to confirm  my sample size is large, so do I put counter as my cluster variable?.

data log;

set log;

counter= year;

run;

PROC SURVEYLOGISTIC data=log;

cluster counter;

model log = lsize lprice lsales roa ato escaled re_ta re_te bmratio indrev;

run;

SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19

Without knowing the data structure and sampling frame, I can't give a full answer.  It does seem like a logical choice for the cluster variable, however.

Steve Denham

jpeipert
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

Just to confirm, is it correct then that proc surveyreg with a cluster variable gives White SE's? I can't find anywhere in the documentation for this procedure which actual statistic is used.

Thanks!

Devin Peipert

SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19

The default variance estimation is a Taylor series expansion.  I don't think this meets the definition of White SE's.  The other methods are resampling (jackknife delete one) and Fay's method for balanced replication.  So far as I can tell, none of these are robust estimators of the type described by White.  However, I would trust the jackknife estimator more than I would a White estimator, as there are weaker assumptions, especially regarding independence.

Steve Denham

jpeipert
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks for your quick response, Steve! That is very helpful.

Regards,

Devin Peipert

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation