BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
HimanshuKumar
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

I am preparing for my SAS Base Programmer exam, have recently attempt exam and got failed Smiley Sad

I have some material downloaded from internet and questions, however not helping as when I sit in real exam even known questions look like an alien:smileyshocked::smileyangry:

Can some one guide on how to practice for exam?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Maybe you can try with the one proposed by Emily.Watson on another thread short time ago:

I have already checked it and looks promising!

Reeza
Super User

Get the certification guide and go through that. The link above is simply questions, you'll pass the test but won't be good programmer.

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Agreed, but not completely Smiley Happy I think that depends on the perspective to take it... (the same with the perspective when you do anything):

if you are interested in really learn, and that you fail in some kind of questions, that's is a perfect opportunity to check that there is a hole in your defenses/understanding, and improve yourself!

The guide is the basic learning path, but not the only one to cover all angles.

Same goes with the experience, right?

Reeza
Super User

I strongly disagree. This site simply sells a test bank of the questions AFAIK.  Simply memorizing the questions or how to answer those specific questions is very limited training. 

AndrewHowell

Hi. I'm a big advocate of the SAS Certifications.

My suggestion (before paying any more money for courses, guides or failed exams): Each Certification recommends specific training courses (and if training is your thing and you want to pay for it, then excellent. I'm also a SAS trainer, by the way.) Base Certification recommends knowledge equivalent to the Prog1 & Prog2 training courses.

However, training is not a pre-requisite; you could learn your own way. So look at the agendas for each training course; some of it you will know already, other stuff you will have to go & learn and/or practice (or do a training course). But at least it serves as a list of what you need to know in order to pass certification.

Good luck!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 4 in conversation