BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
M_K
Calcite | Level 5 M_K
Calcite | Level 5

Hi all,

I am very new to SAS and i have some basic questions.

• If i have only SAS Base, can I perform basic procedures like - PROC REG, PROC FACTOR, PROC RANK, PROC MI, PROC IMPORT, PROC EXPORT, PROC MEAN???
  • Or do I need to have SAS STAT for some of these???
  • Are there any limitations if I use SAS Base for these procedures???

Regards,

MK

5 REPLIES 5
Ksharp
Super User

You can use PROC RANK,  PROC IMPORT, PROC EXPORT, PROC MEAN

they are included in Base.

But PROC MI,PROC REG, PROC FACTOR, maybe you need SAS/Stat model.

M_K
Calcite | Level 5 M_K
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks for your reply, Ksharp!!!

Well, I can run PROC MI, PROC REF, PROC FACTOR even when i dont have SAS STAT. But i just wanted to know if there are any limitations using these procedures in SAS Base and not in SAS STAT; by limitations i mean, time required to run, accuracy, no. of variables that can be used, options available in these procedures, etc. Please let me know.

art297
Opal | Level 21

If you can run them I would guess that you DO have them licensed.  Run the statements:

proc setinit;

run;

It will show you a list of the products you do have licensed.  As far as I know, trying to run procs you don't have licensed, simply returns an error.

Ksharp
Super User

As Art said. Try to use

proc setinit;

run;

to see whether you have STAT already.

Once you can run proc reg, that is to say there should not be limitation you worry about .

Ksharp

Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

In addition to the procedures mentioned by Ksharp, the CORR, UNIVARIATE, and FREQ procedures are statistical procedures that are distributed with Base SAS.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 4 in conversation