BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
spg
Obsidian | Level 7 spg
Obsidian | Level 7
I am using proc sql to create tables but can't view them. Any ideas?

Thanks.
7 REPLIES 7
sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10 sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
What OS? What SAS version? Is SAS installed locally or on a remote server? How would you like to "view" the tables? How about PROC PRINT or interactive SAS session VIEWTABLE? Also, each SAS-supported OS platform has a "companion guide" which provides some OS-unique characteristics you may want to consider reviewing, beyond the SAS Base product's facilities (for all environments).

Scott Barry
SBBWorks, Inc.

Recommended Google advanced search argument, this topic/post:

view sas table site:sas.com Message was edited by: sbb
spg
Obsidian | Level 7 spg
Obsidian | Level 7
Windows/9.2/installed locally. I was hoping to see the new tables with the variable transformations that I run using proc sql.

thanks!
sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10 sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
How about PROCs like DATASETS, CONTENTS for file/variables and PROC PRINT for variable values?

Consider using SAS Explorer window, drill down to the desired file to get the VIEWTABLE perspective. How about starting with LIBRARIES, SASHELP and look at the file CLASS.

Scott Barry
SBBWorks, Inc.

Recommended Google advanced search argument, this topic/post:

sas introduction explorer window site:sas.com

Also, consider:

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/lrcon/61722/HTML/default/a002255451.htm
Patrick
Opal | Level 21
Are you using SAS EG 4.2?

As much as I know when running a SQL create table statement the new data set doesn't open automatically (which is something I like).

If it's EG 4.2: There are some EG options around which allow you to alter the behaviour for newly created tables.

The table should also be added to the library where you created it (you find this under the server where you run this code). It might be necessary to refresh the view for the library and I believe to see the data you have then to add the table to your project... something like this.
I'm also often clicking a bit more than necessary with the new 4.2 version as not everything is that intuitive (even though 4.2 is an improvement over 4.1).

HTH
Patrick
spg
Obsidian | Level 7 spg
Obsidian | Level 7
I'm using EG 4.2 and I did think that the tables get saved in the library I create. But apparently they don't. I refreshed it too, but no luck.

Thanks!
spg
Obsidian | Level 7 spg
Obsidian | Level 7
I'm using EG 4.2 and I did think that the tables get saved in the library I create. But apparently they don't. I refreshed it too, but no luck.

Thanks!
spg
Obsidian | Level 7 spg
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation