BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
adiaz
Calcite | Level 5

Hello everybody !

I need to obtain maps coordinates (lat and lng) of several addresses (of Madrid) and intersections. I have been investigating about it and it seems that I can with proc geocode. Can someone help me with that? I have never used this proc or something like that.

Thank you very much.

Alfonso Díaz

1 REPLY 1
ballardw
Super User

Have you looked at the documentation for Proc Geocode? There a number of look up data sets needed, each of which needs to have specific variables and content for the Proc to work. When you say "Madrid" I am assuming that you want to code for Spain and possible surrounding areas to some extent. The online documentation for the procedure shows how to create a postal code look up data set and use that. The idea would be similar for street level (since you say "intersection") but the reference data sets for addresses are more complex.

I do not know if SAS has provided any of the data sets needed for Spain. You may have to contact the SAS technical support to see such exists of if they know of a source of data that is suitable for conversion into the needed look up sets. Even with that I am not sure whether  "intersection" per se is a valid option in Proc Geocode.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation