BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Jack1
Obsidian | Level 7

I have SAS code that takes multiple Excel tabs and exports each of them into the same directory as .csv files.  Using PROC IMPORT each of these csv files are used to create individual SAS datasets via SAS EG.

My question: Once my SAS datasets are created I have no need for these csv files.  How would I code my program to delete these csv files?

Thanks.

Jack

5 REPLIES 5
Reeza
Super User

So I understand correct, the Excel file is converted to CSV, then imported to SAS. Now you want to delete the CSV files?

I'm assuming you're using x commands at some point so you could use 

X 'RM path_to_file.csv;

Jack1
Obsidian | Level 7

To answer your original question:

So I understand correct, the Excel file is converted to CSV, then imported to SAS. Now you want to delete the CSV files?

Yes, that is correct.

But I have 12 csv files to delete (in a future run, I will a lot more).  How can I efficeintly code this?  I have 12 csv files that are named by month of the year (Jan, Feb, etc.).

Thanks

Reeza
Super User

Assuming you're on Windows you can use a wildcard in your command. 

Find the appropriate system command to remove all files that end with .CSV

X "rm folder/*.csv"
Jack1
Obsidian | Level 7

Great, thanks for quick reply...

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation