BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
squirrel
Calcite | Level 5

Hello,  Every time I use PROC GPLOT I get an error stating that the PROC GPLOT procedure cannot be found. Please help with this!

CODE

title "Proc GPLOT";

symbol value=diamond;

proc gplot data=sashelp.cars;

plot length*weight;

run;

quit;

Error

1          OPTIONS NONOTES NOSTIMER NOSOURCE NOSYNTAXCHECK;

58         title "Proc GPLOT";

59         symbol value=diamond;

59         symbol value=diamond;

______

ERROR 180-322: Statement is not valid or it is used out of proper order.

60         proc gplot data=sashelp.cars;

ERROR: Procedure GPLOT not found.

61         plot length*weight;

62         run;

NOTE: The SAS System stopped processing this step because of errors.

NOTE: PROCEDURE GPLOT used (Total process time):

real time           0.00 seconds

cpu time            0.00 seconds

63         quit;

65         OPTIONS NONOTES NOSTIMER NOSOURCE NOSYNTAXCHECK;

-Ricky

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

The autocomplete option shows you the whole universe of possible and correct syntax. It does NOT filter out the software that is not there. The reason is that we don't know where you are running your code until you actually hit the SUBMIT button. The "G" procedures are SAS/GRAPH procedures (GPLOT, GCHART, GREPLAY, GRADAR, GMAP, etc) but the "SG" procedures (SGPLOT, SGPANEL, SGSCATTER, SGRENDER) belong to Base SAS as part of the the ODS Graphics framework, starting with SAS 9.3. So when you use the SAS University Edition, you will want to pick the "SG" graphical procedures.

cynthia

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
ballardw
Super User

I don't believe the university edition comes with the SAS Graph package. You can duplicate most of the GPLOT graphs with Proc SGPLOT though.

squirrel
Calcite | Level 5

Hmmm PROC SGPLOT works fine,  Just assumed that GPLOT would as well because as you begin typing the PROC G... the GPLOT statement comes up as an autofill option, and as a procedure to select.

Thanks

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

The autocomplete option shows you the whole universe of possible and correct syntax. It does NOT filter out the software that is not there. The reason is that we don't know where you are running your code until you actually hit the SUBMIT button. The "G" procedures are SAS/GRAPH procedures (GPLOT, GCHART, GREPLAY, GRADAR, GMAP, etc) but the "SG" procedures (SGPLOT, SGPANEL, SGSCATTER, SGRENDER) belong to Base SAS as part of the the ODS Graphics framework, starting with SAS 9.3. So when you use the SAS University Edition, you will want to pick the "SG" graphical procedures.

cynthia

ssylantyev
Calcite | Level 5

I try to use the statespace procedure, but procedure not found. The same situation with VARMAX. 

Code:

title1 'Gas Furnace Data';
title2 'Box & Jenkins Series J';
title3 'Automatically Selected Model';

proc statespace data=seriesj cancorr;
var x y;
run;

Journal:

1 OPTIONS NONOTES NOSTIMER NOSOURCE NOSYNTAXCHECK;
56 title1 'Gas Furnace Data';
57 title2 'Box & Jenkins Series J';
58 title3 'Automatically Selected Model';
60 proc statespace data=seriesj cancorr;
ERROR: Procedure STATESPACE not found.
61 var x y;
62 run;

NOTE: The SAS System stopped processing this step because of errors.
NOTE: PROCEDURE STATESPACE used (Total process time):
real time 0.00 seconds
cpu time 0.00 seconds

64 OPTIONS NONOTES NOSTIMER NOSOURCE NOSYNTAXCHECK;

What more procedure from the Knowledge Base list not found ? 

How to use PROCEDURE STATESPACE ?

sergiy 

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
PROC STATESPACE (like PROC VARMAX) is one of the SAS/ETS (Econometric Time Series) procedures. The SAS University Edition, in a Virtual Machine or on the Amazon AWS does NOT have access to any of the ETS procedures. Basically, when you use SAS University Edition, you have access to Base SAS capabilities (which includes ODS and ODS Graphics and SAS Macro facility), SAS/STAT and some of SAS/IML). You can read the full information sheet here: http://www.sas.com/content/dam/SAS/en_us/doc/factsheet/sas-university-edition-107140.pdf

cynthia
Traggi
Calcite | Level 5

data one;
input x y;
datalines;

0.91 179.41
0.49 175.32
0.61 180.71
0.79 157.65
0.40 166.14
1.14 223.82
0.61 154.35
0.49 152.80
0.40 132.49
0.61 196.75
1.14 165.10
0.79 164.22
0.49 160.30
1.14 218.44
0.91 212.09
0.79 174.81
0.91 178.46
0.40 162.09
;
data fill;
do x=.0 to 1.14 by 0.01; y=.; output; end;
run;
data one;
set one fill;
run;
proc sort data = one; by x;
proc nlin data = one;
parameters L=223.82 U=-115 R=0.7;
z1= (x<R) * (R-x);
model y= L + U* (z1);
output out=ppp p=predy;
run;
Proc sgplot;
Title2 'WG';
plot y*x predy*x/overlay;
run;

I'm getting the same error. I try to change to sgplot and still getting an error: "ERROR 180-322: Statement is not valid or it is used out of proper order."

TeresaMB
Calcite | Level 5

So given it does not have any time series PROCEDURES can you rename this to SAS School edition?  Where are time series taught ?  At University - but the University Edition does not have them.  I assume it does not have a lot of other University type methods available.  Can this be passed up the chain please and given a re-think?  SAS is shooting itself in the foot here.  I guess we will have to switch to teaching and using R.

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

As a professor, you could use SAS OnDemand for Academics. It's a SAS environment that is hosted by SAS, and it's free for professors and students. This SAS environment has a few more SAS products available, including SAS/GRAPH.

You can also use SGPLOT to easily label data points -- many of the plot types include a DATALABEL option, easier than traditional GPLOT coding.

Also, SAS University Edition supports these Time Series procs:  TIMEDATA, TIMESERIES, ARIMA, ESM, UCM, and TIMEID.  Full SAS/ETS is in the OnDemand Environment.

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
saswata31
Calcite | Level 5

--"What SAS university edition is best known for ?"

--"  It is best known for wasting your time , money and 2GB of data (downloading)."

TeresaMB
Calcite | Level 5

There I numerous macros from Michael Friendly's web- site that I use with my students and a lot of my own code.  For example the "%label" that creates labels for plots.  How can these be used without GPLOT?  It means that the University Edition is not really viable for my modules.  To re-write those is rather a tall order and how you create labels for points I have no idea.  any suggestions please.

Reeza
Super User
Several ETS procs are now available - but not those.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 10 likes
  • 9 in conversation