BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
dbigdate_19
Calcite | Level 5

My goal is: Use Hive Tables into SAS Virtual Analytics

I already do this steps:
1) SAS Management Console
1.1) Create a Hadoop Server
1.2) Create a Data Library from Hive

But I don't know if was needed...

Now I read that SAS/ACCESS Interface to Hadoop provides a LIBNAME engine to get to your Hadoop Hive data.

But I don't know where I have to execute this code! Is in SAS 9.4?

And next Can I load the tables into SAS Virtual Analytics??

I already read amount of documents But the more I read more confused I get.

I'm using two virtual machines. One for Hadoop and another for SAS, and I don't know what type of configuration I need to do(even the order)...

I've some urgency to put SAS reading from Hadoop. Can anyone help me?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

"This steps in Management Console are mandatory to have access to data in Hadoop?"

I'm not sure, perhaps possible to do the corresponding thing in the VA admin...?

"I need to do some configurations in Hadoop machine?"

As I recall, there's only need for configuration on the SAS server for the "simple" SAS/ACCESS type of connection.

If that's have been done properly, you should be able to verify this in Management Console be registering tables from that library you have defined.

Data never sleeps

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

If you by 1.2 mean that you have defined a library in metadata, you should be all set to load data directly to LASR/VA.

You should be able to access this data in Data Builder in VA (given that you use the same metadata server).

Data never sleeps
dbigdate_19
Calcite | Level 5

Hi LinusH, thanks for your response! 

This steps in Management Console are mandatory to have access to data in Hadoop?

I need to do some configurations in Hadoop machine?

Thanks!

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

"This steps in Management Console are mandatory to have access to data in Hadoop?"

I'm not sure, perhaps possible to do the corresponding thing in the VA admin...?

"I need to do some configurations in Hadoop machine?"

As I recall, there's only need for configuration on the SAS server for the "simple" SAS/ACCESS type of connection.

If that's have been done properly, you should be able to verify this in Management Console be registering tables from that library you have defined.

Data never sleeps

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation