BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
GEORGETHOSAGO
Calcite | Level 5

hi,

is there a procedure function etc that i can use to check the size of my table in oracle , and overite it with a new table ,given that my newly generated table in sas is bigger than the one in oracle.

i will basically do my calculation in sas , if the table in sas is bigger than the one in oracle then i will drop the old table and create the new table.

in oracle i could use a pl/sql procedure but i want to automate the process in sas.

your assistance is very much apprecaited in this regard.

Regards

GT 

1 REPLY 1
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

Hmm, doesn't sound like a streamlined way of handling your data. Are you sure that size is the only parameter?

And why do you wish to replace it? Isn't it better just to have one copy of the data? Multiple entities causes confusion and and probably drives maintenance costs.

Size, meaning no of records?

A simple select count(*) would probably do, but ask your Oracle DBA for alternatives to optimize that query.

Data never sleeps

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation