BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi,

Does anyone know whether Proc sql supports Transform/Pivot standard SQl statement. I did a simple test and the log showed "invalid statement". I am wondering if anyone knows something about it. Thanks.
2 REPLIES 2
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
Is TRANSFORM/PIVOT something allowed in the ANSI-Standard or is it something that you can do specifically Oracle SQL or Access SQL??? It makes a difference because, generally, PROC SQL supports ANSI standard SQL syntax, as described here:
http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/proc/59565/HTML/default/a002473705.htm

Some database vendors "extend" the SQL syntax to do special functions in their data base structure. If TRANSFORM/PIVOT is not ANSI standard, then PROC SQL probably does not support the use of that clause. I would recommend that you contact Tech Support for help (or the definitive answer) for this question.

cynthia
deleted_user
Not applicable
Cynthia,

Thanks for your quick reply. I went through SAS 9.2 Dcumentation for Proc SQL and didn't see transform/pivot in syntax session. I guess proc sql wouldn't support it. I will check with SAS tech support to verify it.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation