BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Scottcom4
Calcite | Level 5
Hi Guys,

I am linked to oracle tables and am attempting to retireve the contents of said table using SQL. My problem is that I can't get date/times to work. By saying this I mean that I recieve the following error whenever I attempt to access date/time data.

ERROR: Prepare error: ICommandPrepare::Prepare failed.
SQL statement SELECT
TransactionsTable.TransactionID,
TransactionsTable.CheckID,
TransactionsTable.UpdateTime

FROM
TransactionsTable

The below code is what I am attempting to run. Does anyone know how I can complete this task successfully.

Thank you for your help.

PROC SQL;
CONNECT TO oledb AS oradb
(User=XXXXXXX Password=XXXXXXX DataSource=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX provider=MSDAORA.1 );;
CREATE table CmovTrans_Dat
AS SELECT * FROM connection to oradb
(SELECT
TransactionsTable.TransactionID,
TransactionsTable.CheckID,
TransactionsTable.UpdateTime

FROM
TransactionsTable
);
DISCONNECT FROM oradb;
run;
3 REPLIES 3
sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10 sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
It's not clear to me, but are you able to execute successfully with the most basic connection to your Oracle environment from SAS. Also, consider your SAS version and service pack maintenance level - I found several hits on the SAS support website, using the Google advanced search argument below:

proc sql oracle prepare error site:sas.com

Scott Barry
SBBWorks, Inc.
Scottcom4
Calcite | Level 5
Hi Scott,

Yes you are correct in your understanding, I am able to access the Oracle tables using Proc SQL, however as soon as I add a time or date variable I begin to get errors. My work around for the date issue was to use to_char(Varname1), howeever this did not work for the time and date variables. I gather there is a better alternative to using to_char, however at this stage it works as desired.

Thank you for the google search criteria.

Regards,
Scott
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
Your example shows SQL pass-thru. What happends if you use LIBANME instead?

/Linus
Data never sleeps

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation