BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Hercules
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello,

Can SAS workflow be run or schedule through Unix shell script or base SAS code if I don't have LSF.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

I presume that you mean "Job Flow", correct me if I'm wrong.

And tha answer is yes.

The act of deploying DI Studio jobs creates part from the .sas file, a command line within th meta data object.

That is being used when creating job flows in SMC.

For creating and scheduling job flows without LSF, see "Operating System Services" part in SAS doc, search for"Scheduling" on supoprt.sas.com.

When a flow is deployed this way, a script is created (in Windows vbs, in UNIX a shells script). Then you can use it the way that suit your needs.

Data never sleeps

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

I presume that you mean "Job Flow", correct me if I'm wrong.

And tha answer is yes.

The act of deploying DI Studio jobs creates part from the .sas file, a command line within th meta data object.

That is being used when creating job flows in SMC.

For creating and scheduling job flows without LSF, see "Operating System Services" part in SAS doc, search for"Scheduling" on supoprt.sas.com.

When a flow is deployed this way, a script is created (in Windows vbs, in UNIX a shells script). Then you can use it the way that suit your needs.

Data never sleeps
Hercules
Fluorite | Level 6

Thank you so much Linus.

Found the document and is very useful.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation