BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
hi all,

im having trouble with my output. I have an output but the output is gettin truncated. I know that there is a way to change the output to get up to 200 characters but I have lines of output that are more than 200 characters. does anyone have any ideas as to how to get all of my output displayed.

thanks in advance
3 REPLIES 3
sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10 sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
If your output is going to a file, you control the record-length, if other than the SAS default. However, if your output is created with FILE PRINT, you have a max value of 255 -- coded as OPTIONS LS=255 or LS=MAX.

Scott Barry
SBBWorks, Inc.
deleted_user
Not applicable
but its a dataset that I am trying to create and it is printed with proc print and the length of one of the values is 500...is that possible?

TDS
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
You will run into Linesize issue if you use the LISTING window and PROC PRINT to print your dataset. You should not have any problems -creating- a big variable but -displaying- it in the LISTING destination or OUTPUT window may be difficult, since the variable exceeds the max allowable linesize, most procedures for displaying will complain.

One option, if you want to keep your output report in the LISTING window is to investigate PROC REPORT and the FLOW option, which would allow your long variable to flow across multiple lines.

The other option and possibly simpler if you are new to SAS is to use the ODS HTML "sandwich" around your program:
[pre]
ods listing close;
ods html file='somefile.html' style=sasweb;
proc print data=work.whatever;
run;
ods html close;
ods listing;
[/pre]

HTML files can be as "wide" as they need to be for viewing on the screen. The above syntax would create an HTML file from the dataset WORK.WHATEVER. That HTML file can be opened in a browser that supports HTML 4.01 tags. (pretty much any browser).

cynthia

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation