BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
jmaitland
Calcite | Level 5
Hello I am new to the forum and wanted to ask a question to see if anyone else has run into this issue.

I just installed SAS 9.2 (TS2M3) across all our z/OS 1.10 & 1.12 environments. It is working on all but one (in Europe). The problem seems to be that they use 3 character VOLSER for their DASD. When I run the following job I receive the following error:

ERROR: SVC99 error rc=C, reason=035C : IKJ56231I DATA SET MYDSN.CTLCARDS NOT ALLOCATED, SYSTEM OR INSTALLATION ERROR+IKJ56231I TEXT

//DAGFRMAT DD DSN=MYDSN.CTLCARDS(AZDAGFMT) resides on a 3 character Volser and the .NEW version resides on a WORK** volser.

When I move the MYDSN.CTLCARDS to a 6 character volser (WORK**) so that both datasets are on 6 character VOLSER's it works fine.

//SDTSJM01 JOB (1,18542,FMCC-1470),'SAS EURO TEST',
// CLASS=T,MSGCLASS=9,REGION=4M,NOTIFY=&SYSUID
//*
//SASSTEP EXEC SASTEST,OPTIONS='NOSTAE VERBOSE'
//DAGFRCPY DD DSN=MYDSN.CTLCARDS.NEW(AZDAGFMT),DISP=SHR
//DAGFRMAT DD DSN=MYDSN.CTLCARDS(AZDAGFMT),DISP=SHR
//SYSIN DD *
DATA _NULL_;
INFILE DAGFRCPY;
INPUT;
LIST;
RUN;
DATA _NULL_;
INFILE DAGFRMAT;
INPUT;
LIST;
RUN;
PROC OPTIONS VALUE;
RUN;
%INCLUDE DAGFRCPY;
%INCLUDE DAGFRMAT;

has anyone experienced any issues with 3 character VOLSER's?
3 REPLIES 3
sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10 sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
You will be best served by contacting SAS Support and open a track / issue with details about your error symptom, while providing sufficient documentation, complete SAS output listings, ISPF 3.2 dataset attribute information, and whatever is needed to substantiate your claim.

Scott Barry
SBBWorks, Inc.
jmaitland
Calcite | Level 5
Thanks, already sent everything. I was just checking to see if anyone else has run into this type of situation.
sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10 sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
Honestly, in my 30+ years experience with current IBM mainframe z/OS and legacy MVS environments, I have never seen a DASD VOLSER defined that was less than six characters -- how odd.

Scott Barry
SBBWorks, Inc.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation