BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Ken_oy
Fluorite | Level 6

I am using SAS 9.3 when I tried to use

ods rtf startpage=no;

The title and the footnote of the second table disappeared.

I found a link which is for SAS 8.X :5620 - STARTPAGE= option on ODS RTF statement causes titles and footnotes todisappear

But it does not work for SAS 9.3.

Does anyone have this issue? How to fix it? Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

When I use ODS RTF and STARTPAGE=NO, the title and footnote of the -second- table are going to be on the first page. So therefore, the header area in Word is already "taken" by the title from the first procedure (if you utilize the code in the Tech Support note) and the footer area in Word is already "taken" by the footnote from the first procedure -- so where would you have the title and footnote from the second table go? When you turn STARTPAGE=NO, there is no "header" area for the second procedure. So the title from the second procedure isn't used (usually). This behavior is one of the reasons that ODS TEXT= is used with ODS RTF -- in a STARTPAGE=NO usage scenario, you might want to insert a pseudo-title between the first procedure and the second procedure. There is no "middle" header area in the RTF specification. So ODS TEXT= gives you a way to insert a text string into the RTF file.

There is a Tech Support note that describes how to use ODS TEXT= with ODS RTF and use a style template or ODS ESCAPECHAR to format the text string that you place with ODS TEXT=. Look  for the Full Code tab on Tech Support note 8044 at support.sas.com.

cynthia

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation