BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
yaswoman
Calcite | Level 5
Hello, I am hoping someone can help please. I was trying to bring an XCEL spread sheet into SAS and keep getting this message
ERROR: Catalog SASUSER.PROFILE.CATALOG is in a damaged state. Use the REPAIR command of PROC
DATASETS to restore it.
ERROR: Catalog SASUSER.PROFILE.CATALOG is in a damaged state. Use the REPAIR command of PROC
DATASETS to restore it.
DATASETS to restore it.
Can someone please let me know how exactly to use the PROC.
I run sas remotely if that helps.

Thank you so much.
4 REPLIES 4
art297
Opal | Level 21
Take a look at: http://support.sas.com/kb/15/758.html

It indicates that the message is wrong and explains how to correct the problem.

HTH,
Art
----------
> Hello, I am hoping someone can help please. I was
> trying to bring an XCEL spread sheet into SAS and
> keep getting this message
> ERROR: Catalog SASUSER.PROFILE.CATALOG is in a
> damaged state. Use the REPAIR command of PROC
> DATASETS to restore it.
> Catalog SASUSER.PROFILE.CATALOG is in a damaged
> state. Use the REPAIR command of PROC
> Catalog SASUSER.PROFILE.CATALOG is in a damaged
> state. Use the REPAIR command of PROC
> eone please let me know how exactly to use the PROC.
>
> I run sas remotely if that helps.
>
> Thank you so much.
yaswoman
Calcite | Level 5
Thanks so much Art. So I guess all my libraries that were reflected in my old profiles are no longer since a new profile has to be recreated once I open a session of SAS. Thanks so much for the effort to look up the error for me. Much appreciated.
momi
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

I have the same question in this topic and I went to the link you provided.  Below is the part of the explanation.

"

PROC DATASETS cannot restore the SASUSER.PROFILE.CATALOG. The user needs to rename the catalog to a different name. At the operating system level rename profile.sas7bcat to something like profile1.sas7bcat. When a new session of SAS is started, a new profile will be created."

I am still not clear how to rename the catalog file? Is this something simple? Just go to my library to rename the catalog file?

Thanks,

Momi

SASKiwi
PROC Star

Yes, just rename it, or in fact you can just delete it because it is totally unusable.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation