BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
sasmaster
Calcite | Level 5

I have a program that uses proc sql to create several data sets. The program has worked fine in the past. Recently, I have run the program and noticed that the data sets created by proc sql appear to have been created in the work library based on log statements. The programs don't appear in my work library, however. This causes problems because when I run a second program that references the work data the program fails because the data sets are not found. If I run my code in sections, everything works fine and I see the data sets in work. Having to run the program piece meal slows me down. Any thoughts on what could be going on or a possible work-around?

I'm running SAS Enterprise Guide Version 5.1

The first table that is created has 408,240 rows and 1 column

The second table has 62,612,434 rows and 29 columns

Thanks in advance for your help.

2 REPLIES 2
DBailey
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Are you explicitly stating the work folder or are you allowing SAS to default to work?  Posting your code would also help troubleshoot.

jakarman
Barite | Level 11

5.1 is having the options of parallel processing. Marvelous to increase speed.

As result every session has his own sas-work and it is not being shared among the SAS sessions.
For intermediate data for several nodes it is better using a defined dedicated staging-area (just a piece of storage like work)     

---->-- ja karman --<-----

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation