BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Rafal
Calcite | Level 5
hi All,

Does anyone know if there is any chance to get free learning edition or other limited version of SAS? I would just like to practise, not use for commercial purposes.
4 REPLIES 4
Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
Probably not. SAS used to sell something the called the "SAS Learning Edition" for about $100. SAS no longer sells it but a reseller might still have it in stock. (That may have reached the end of it's licensed life, so caveat emptor.)

SAS currently provides SAS free for courses in degree granting programs (SAS On Demand for Academics), but you have to be registered through a school. You might also be able to get a copy of SAS to use through an educational institution, as many of them have high-volume site licenses that make the individual user cost fairly small.

Beyond that, you will have to pay full freight from SAS.

Doc Muhlbaier
Duke
Reeza
Super User
There's WPS (google it) if you're trying to learn, though I've never used it. Been fortunate enough to have SAS at most places I've worked.

The 30 day trial is probably a good enough time period to practice.

Its been mentioned before that if your work has a license you may be able to install that version at home as well, but unsure what the result of that was.

If you're in between jobs or trying to get certified on your own time it is hard to get access to the software outside of a job.
jrock0812
Calcite | Level 5
Hi, Have you found WPS works for you to learn SAS programming? I'm trying to search for thread re on how and where can I get a copy of this SAS software for learning and practicing as well. And if you have the sites, can you give me the link please?
Thanks
jrock0812
Calcite | Level 5
Hi Rafal,
Did you get any copy of SAS software from WPS? Did you find any copy? Please share the link if you have. Thanks

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation