BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Lopa2016
Fluorite | Level 6

I am trying to use the set statement for multiple datasets in one shot namely I have datasets vmoreranked1,vmoreranked2,vmoreranked3,...But constantly getting an error

data stackorig;
set vmoreranked1-vmoreranked&vmcnt; run;
                  -

ERROR 22-322: Syntax error, expecting one of the following: a name, a quoted string, (, ;, END, KEY, KEYS, NOBS, OPEN, POINT, DATA, LAST, NULL.

NOTE: The SAS System stopped processing this step because of errors.

Can someone help?

4 REPLIES 4
Reeza
Super User

What version of SAS do you have? This type of syntax is valid in SAS 9.3+

SASKiwi
PROC Star

This may be caused by &vmcnt not resolving correctly. Check by replacing this with a number like 2 just to see if it fixes the problem.

Astounding
PROC Star

My guess:  &VMCNT was created by PROC SQL and thus includes leading blanks.  The easiest way to overcome this is to add this statement before the DATA step:

%let vmcnt = &vmcnt;

Alternatively (depending on how much subsequent processing has taken place), you might be able to use &SQLOBS instead of &VMCNT.

Jagadishkatam
Amethyst | Level 16
I agree with @Astounding, may be there are leading blank spaces in the macro variable vmcnt, so try to use %cmpres function which will remove the blank if any.

data stackorig;
set vmoreranked1-vmoreranked%cmpres(&vmcnt);
run;
Thanks,
Jag

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 5 in conversation