BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Inp
Obsidian | Level 7 Inp
Obsidian | Level 7
Hi
I see a dataset on the mainfram which is resided in DASD. I want to know which program created this dataset. Can any body tells me any SAS PROC which can give me the name of the program that create the dataset that I see on the mainframe?

Thanks so much in advance.

thanks again

Inp
2 REPLIES 2
sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10 sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
No SAS PROC captures or displays the information you requested. There is a system maintained log called SMF (Systems Management Facility) which does track the creating program - it is captured in the SMF record types 14 and 15. You will need to contact your systems programming staff for further assistance.

More info on SMF is available at the Wikipedia link below:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IBM_System_Management_Facilities

Scott Barry
SBBWorks, Inc.
GPatel
Pyrite | Level 9
You can search for " dataset name " in all your SAS programs.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation