Not applicable
I have sales data and tiem of sale given .The input are :
TransactionID $1-8
DateofSale $9-18
TimeofSale $19-26
LaptopModel $27-32
UnitsSold 33-35
Warranty 36

I want to find the proprtion of the transactions that qualify for the delivery before 3 p.m. only of each day and all dates are in the form : 08:49:26 , for e.g.

What SAS functions should I use and what procedure to follow.

kind regards ,
markc
1 REPLY 1
sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10 sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
I would expect by now that you have a SAS numeric (using TIMEw. format) variable for your character field TimeofSale. It's unclear what determines "delivery before 3 p. m." -- you would need to explain / reveal that information.

It is possible to use a SAS assignment statement to test for a SAS time constant, such as "15:00:00"T (arbitrary example time-of-day) -- then analyze your data by using SAS procedures SUMMARY, MEANS, possibly.

Furthermore, SAS procedures have been suggested, in general, for your prior posts - yet we know nothing about how much use of any of the procedures you have actually had with some success.

I strongly encourage you to take a step back, determine how much time you wish to invest in learning the SAS Base system (to get started), then consider beginning here:

http://support.sas.com/training/elearn/

And, I can't emphasize enough that there are technical resources at your disposal with the SAS support http://support.sas.com/ website, for consideration.

Best of luck with your SAS learning and programming endeavors.....

Scott Barry
SBBWorks, Inc.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation