BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi all!

I am completely new to SAS and have vbeen asked to work on a project where I have to pull data from different tables in Teradata and then Put it in a text message and create a story from these difft messages. There are logics which will tell us which logic to be used.

what would be teh best way to implement this? Is there any SAS document which can be a good read for a newbwws like me?

Thanks!
1 REPLY 1
Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
You've got a lot of pieces to learn to accomplish this task.

First off, you'll need the SAS/Access for relational tables manual, both the general chapters and the Teradata specific ones.

Then you will probably need to know about parts of the DATA step to generate the message. That's in the base manuals. You should also look at some of the books by users on the SAS website (Cody's and Aster's come to mind).

If by "text message" you mean the SMS messages used by Cell phones, you will need to send those with the e-mail interface (That it done with the FILENAME, see http://support.sas.com/kb/19/767.html ).

Doc Muhlbaier
Duke

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation