BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Jyuen204
Obsidian | Level 7

I have this report formatting I am trying to set. In the excel it centers the CATEGORY horizontally but vertically it is aligned to the bottom of the grouping. I had read on some other threads theat CENTER should align it all but maybe i was reading it incorrectly.

Define CATEGORY / CENTER GROUP order=data "CATEGORY";

Jyuen204_0-1692733530307.png

1 REPLY 1
ballardw
Super User

The documentation for the CENTER option of a Define is pretty clear it only affects left-right justification:

headings

CENTER

centers the formatted values of the report item within the column width and center the column heading over the values.

You might get the vertical justification with this:

Define CATEGORY / CENTER GROUP order=data "CATEGORY" style=[vjust=center];

Might. Depends on ODS destination and possibly other options like the ods style in effect.

You should mention or better yet include ODS destination options. Last time I checked Report doesn't do a merged vertical cell as you show in the picture without considerable more than just a define like you show. Best is to include data as a working data step and your entire procedure code.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation