BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Eva
Quartz | Level 8 Eva
Quartz | Level 8
Hello!

Does anybody know the differences between the two devices javaimg and activex?

A collegue told me that javaimg is really good so I used that one all the time until I realized that I cannot use e.g. angle in labels. I then tried activex and I was surprised that the image was faster shown. Is that generally so? I now think of using activex all the time....

But I ask myself whether I exchange one problem for another.
I use the graphs within a stored process which is displayed in the SAS portal.

Best regards,
Eva
3 REPLIES 3
sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10 sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
From the SAS support http://support.sas.com/ website:

http://support.sas.com/rnd/datavisualization/papers/sugi27/index.htm - scroll down to the discussion "New Device Drivers".

Scott Barry
SBBWorks, Inc.
Eva
Quartz | Level 8 Eva
Quartz | Level 8
Hello Scott Barry,

thanx for the link. So both create images that are temporarily saved as png and the difference is the technology used - java applet or activex. I'm not that familiar with these two technologies. What do you think about them? Which would you prefer? Do you think it is true that the activeX is faster in displaying the image than the java applet? Are there any significant disadvantages to activeX ?

Best regards,
Eva
sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10 sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
Some enterprises have issue with ACTIVEX loading into the browser, and likely those who have adopted Java (applets) will prefer the JAVA approach. I have no particular preference.

You may find references and some opinions at the SAS.COM website using this Google advanced search argument:

compare activex java graph site:sas.com

Scott Barry
SBBWorks, Inc.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation