BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hello!

I need to make several similar big jobs, so I copy original job ("Copy to folder..."), rename it and make some changes. But the problem is that names of temporary tables don't change - it's not good, because these jobs can run simultaneously. So it's better to get new random names (like W5U45HC.....etc) that are unique in scope of all jobs. I can remove temporary view and then add new, but in this case I need to rewrite all mappings and expressions for columns in the transform (most of transforms are "SQL Join").

Is there any solution without making harm to mappings and expressions?
I use SAS DI 4.2 version
1 REPLY 1
Patrick
Opal | Level 21
Hi

Each job runs in it's own session (own environment with own work area) so having the same names in different jobs is no issue even when run in parallel.

I tend to invest the extra development time and give all tables/views catchy names. It's just so much easier to debug a program if the names tell you what they are about.

You can change the name of a table/view by selecting the table in the flow (this little green grid), mouse left click, choose "Properties" and then under tab "Physical Storage" enter a name under "Physical name".

HTH
Patrick

Message was edited by: Patrick

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation