BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
rwnj
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I've had issues with SAS unexpectedly crashing for the past year and a half, which I've been unable to resolve. However, finally SAS has been temporarily unfreezing, enough that I can see the error message displayed.

The message is the following:

SAS Error Message2.png

What is this? I tried a couple Google searches, and it appears to be related to memory leak. Often I'll leave SAS open for a couple days, but I'm really suprised that SAS would have such problems. Overall I've been pretty disappointed by the lack of reliability. I'm using Base SAS 9.3 on Win 7 64bit with 16gb of memory. Also, this error almost exclusively occurs when I'm using the Base SAS GUI, such as switching views from my program code to the log, or when I click to view columns in a dataset. I'm not sure I've posted this under the correct discussion forum, please feel free to move, thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
jakarman
Barite | Level 11

You did not mention if you used the 32-bit or 64-bit of SAS. The problem is related to active-x.
Do you have a track-number? I expect a SAS person will be asking for that when he is seriously checking this.

---->-- ja karman --<-----
rwnj
Calcite | Level 5

I use 64 bit SAS. Yes, I've also submitted to technical support and have a tracking #.

jakarman
Barite | Level 11

I think most people are using the 32-bit version of SAS 9.3 (more reliable). The 64-bit was the first release available in that 32-64 move at Windows.
They will have pushed you all the fixes I think. It is commonly very hard to be the first one having issues.
Nothing to be found with google or in their database, that cannot be the case as claiming all is on internet  :smileylaugh: .

---->-- ja karman --<-----

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation