BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hello Guys,

Could anyone tell me that for the preparation of SAS Base Certification,just using the certification book is enough?

Any suggestions!!!!
5 REPLIES 5
Patrick
Opal | Level 21
I prepared myself using the self-paced eLearning and this was enough.
As much as I know the book covers exactly the same but as print-out.
There was not one question in the exam which hadn't been covered in the preparation material.

What I consider to be very important is to do the test questions at the end of each chapter.
To pass the exam it's very important to train on how to read the questions asked. The points I achieved in the test exam were close to what I've got in the real exam.

HTH
Patrick
deleted_user
Not applicable
Thanks Patrick for your guidance.So i am on track now.
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi,
I would suggest before starting the Prep Guide, better read the Little SAS text-book, because that would give you a better experience , in understanding the SAS PREP Guide.The reason behind giving you this suggestion is, I have written my exam last month, and by reading this way, it really helped me to a quite large extent. If your target is to give minimum a month time , then the best way would be reading both LITTLE SAS and Prep guide simultaneously chapter-wise, else if you have a target more than a month, then reading first Little SAS and then Prep guide is also fine. (But the first way wud be much better, to save ur time)

Little SAS text-book to me is like "Holy book for SAS programmers", because it is always handy to check out for basic doubts and the best part is its examples.

Good Luck!
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi

Thank you so much for your advise and i agree Little SAs book is of great importance to a beginner in SAS.

Thanks for your wishes too.
Hello,

I'm an MBA with 4 years experience in HR and Business development. I have not done any programming in 7 years (even though my bachelor's was in electronics). I'm now thinking of doing a SAS Base certification to change to a Market research/analytics field. My questions are:

1) Will a base certification better my chances in making the change in career?

2) What do you reckon would be the preparation time for the Base certification?

Thank you

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation