BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
thebob
Calcite | Level 5

Hi all,

I have been doing some research into different SAS procedures for segmenting data. I've look at PROC FASTCLUS and PROC CLUSTER and both produce the Cubic Clustering Criterion (CCC) and the Pseudo F Statistic (PSF).

After learning about how to pick an optimal number of clusters, etc., I wanted to compare different techniques for differing number of clusters. For FASTCLUS and CLUSTER, I can use the statistics that are produced; for others, I cannot.

So my question is has anyone attempted, and succeeded, in reproducing the CCC and/or PSF from one of these procedures with another piece of code or something created from scratch? At the moment, I am using PROC GLM (linear regression model, which is not ideal) to produce the PSF but the value is about 10% smaller each time. I've also tried creating the statistic from scratch (as per formula: F-test - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) but with little success. I appreciate that different METHOD values will change how this is calculated but I can't seem to get off the mark properly.

If I have placed this in the wrong place, please let me know and I shall move it.

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
thebob
Calcite | Level 5

I've managed to recreate the PSF value in open code - it was easier than I first thought.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 1 in conversation