BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
KafeelBasha
Quartz | Level 8

Hello

1) In logistic regression, if confidence interval includes the value 0 then what will be the conclusion on significance of the variable.

2) How to decide whether the data is Linear or Linearly Separable?.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Reeza
Super User

@KafeelBasha wrote:

1) Is there any specific reason behind saying a variable is insignificant if the confidence interval includes 0.

2) I came across below warning message while going through an example of logistic regression in R

1) Because if it includes 0 in the interval that means a valid value is 0, which is no difference, ie not significant difference. I would suggest re-reading how confidence interval, p-values and hypothesis testing all relate.

2) Ask R questions in an R forum, ask SAS question in a SAS forum. But it means that some variables in your data are essentially the same. For example, a very basic examples is if you had two variables that are X=1 if A is present, 0 otherwise and Y=1 if A is not present, otherwise Y=0. They're the same. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Ksharp
Super User

1) it is not significant.

2)don't understand your question. You mean linear or nonlinear relationship between X and Y ?

Check EFFECT statement.

Or you should check Q-Q plot .

KafeelBasha
Quartz | Level 8

1) Is there any specific reason behind saying a variable is insignificant if the confidence interval includes 0.

2) I came across below warning message while going through an example of logistic regression in R

glm.PNG

http://michael.hahsler.net/SMU/EMIS7332/R/logistic_regression.html

When can we say the data is linear or Linearly Separable?

Thanks in advance.

Reeza
Super User

@KafeelBasha wrote:

1) Because if it includes 0 in the interval that means a valid value is 0, which is no difference, ie not significant difference. I would suggest re-reading how confidence interval, p-values and hypothesis testing all relate.

2) Ask R questions in an R forum, ask SAS question in a SAS forum. But it means that some variables in your data are essentially the same. For example, a very basic examples is if you had two variables that are X=1 if A is present, 0 otherwise and Y=1 if A is not present, otherwise Y=0. They're the same. 

Ksharp
Super User
H0: b=0 , so if b -> [-x,x ] then it can not indicate if b=0 or not .

"probability numerically 0 or 1"
It is more like SAS 's message "can't separate likelihood".

Maybe your CLASS variable have some level which is dropout.
E.X.
sex=F appeared only once .

Use proc freq; table sex;run; could explore more information about CLASS variables.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation