BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
R_Win
Calcite | Level 5

Hi i am having a macro variable to send the email SEmailid I will write the email in one table from that it will pick it if i write for 1 email it was working user@email.com  then it was working if i want to send to 2-3 users it was not going i have tryed this ways %SEmailid=user1@gmail.com;user2@gmail.com;user3@gmail.com; %SEmailid=%str(user1@gmail.com;user2@gmail.com;user3@gmail.com); %SEmailid="user1@gmail.com" "user2@gmail.com" "user3@gmail.com" %SEmailid='user1@gmail.com' 'user2@gmail.com' 'user3@gmail.com'. can any one help me it was resloving but i ma not getting email for one email i am getting if i am trying for 2-3 emial is it was getting problem

12 REPLIES 12
Ksharp
Super User

What is your correct code when you can send only one E-mail addresss?

R_Win
Calcite | Level 5

%MACRO email(sEmailid);  FILENAME mymail EMAIL "NULL"  TO="&sEmailid"  SUBJECT="&pSubject";  data _null_;    FILE mymail;        END; run; %MEND; I the table i will give the email in the table user1@gmail.com DATA _NULL_ ;  CALL SYMPUT("pEmailid","&EMAIL_ID"); run; I am using DI 4.2

art297
Opal | Level 21

In your example, not all email addresses end with a semi-colon.  That could be the problem.  If they do all end with semi-colons, have your tried ending them with commas instead?

R_Win
Calcite | Level 5

Tried semi colon(;) and comma(,) also....

art297
Opal | Level 21

I don't understand your code.  Is that what you actually submit?  You appear to create a macro, but don't call it and, rather, use call symput to create a macro variable.

Can you post two sets of code.  First, an entire set that will successfully produce a single email and then another full set that fails with multiple emails?

NN
Quartz | Level 8 NN
Quartz | Level 8

Hi,

Two Possible ways that you can have a look at... Hope it helps

data a;
input mailid : $50. subject : $10.;
cards;
id1@mail.com test1
id2@mail.com test2
id3@mail.com test3
;
run;

*solution 1;
filename message email from = "mainid@mail.com";

data _null_;
file message;
set a;
put '!EM_TO!' mailid;
put '!EM_SUBJECT!' subject;
put "This is just a test";
put '!EM_SEND!';      
put '!EM_NEWMSG!';    
put '!EM_ABORT!';
run;

*Solution 2;
%MACRO email(pEmailid,psubject);
FILENAME mymail EMAIL
TO="&&pEmailid" 
SUBJECT="&&pSubject"
from="mainid@mail.com" ct='text/html';
data _null_;
FILE mymail; 
run;
%MEND;
DATA _NULL_ ;
set a;
call execute('%email('||mailid||' ,'||subject||')');
run;

R_Win
Calcite | Level 5

%MACRO email(SEmailid);   FILENAME mymail EMAIL "NULL"   TO="&SEmailid"     data _null_;     FILE mymail;         END; run; %MEND; OPTIONS MLOGIC MPRINT SYMBOLGEN; data _null_; set MailDset; call symput("V_EMAIL_ID",trim(EMAIL_ID)); run; DATA _NULL_ ;   CALL SYMPUT("SEmailid","&V_EMAIL_ID");   RUN; %email(&SEmailid); We are having a Dataset mailDest in that we have a variable called Email_ID there now we have only one email id now we want to insert 2-3 email ids we have tryed by keeping semicolon,comma(,),space and in code but i am getting error

NN
Quartz | Level 8 NN
Quartz | Level 8

Hi,

Is your objective to send the same mail to all the Ids in your data set ?

Then something that works for me is

proc sql;

select distinct quote(strip(email_id)) into : semailid separated by " "

from maildest;

quit;

%MACRO email(SEmailid);

FILENAME mymail EMAIL

/*"NULL" */

TO=

(

&SEmailid

)
from="myid@mail.com";

data _null_;

FILE mymail;

/*    END; */

run;

%MEND;

%email(&semailid);

R_Win
Calcite | Level 5

But i want to add the Email in the Table only as this is server for the above i should change it in many things actually in the previously i have added in the table only ,now also i wnat to add in the table only

NN
Quartz | Level 8 NN
Quartz | Level 8

Please forgive me maybe i am unable to understand your problem...

Is it that you have a single cell in your table that will have all the emailids.....?

data maildset;
email_id = " 'id@mail.com' 'id2@mail.com' 'id3@mail.com' ";
run;

data _null_;
set MailDset;
call symput("SEmailid",trim(eMAIL_ID));
run;
%put &v_email_id;

%MACRO email(SEmailid);
  FILENAME mymail EMAIL

/*"NULL" */
  TO=
(
&SEmailid
);
   data _null_;
    FILE mymail;

/*  END; */
run;
%MEND;
%email(&SEmailid);

If this does not help then probably you should post your log with the Mprint and Symbolgen so that the experts can look at it provide a solution.

R_Win
Calcite | Level 5

yes i have tryed startingly only. Actually i am having a table in that email variable is there now i want to add the new variables in to that cell only i have tryed by semicolon(;),comma(,) ,space like that

NN
Quartz | Level 8 NN
Quartz | Level 8

It should be space with quotes. Please look at the sample that i have provided

data maildset;
email_id = " 'id@mail.com' 'id2@mail.com' 'id3@mail.com' ";
run;

However there seems to be a problem in the macro  Email that you have defined.

You need to change the TO =  your &semailid should be in brackets and not quote. Please check the sample provided above.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 4 in conversation