BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
R_Win
Calcite | Level 5
Hi

i will get data daily in 'C:\Desktop\data' in the excel sheete.The data in excel sheets is to be appended to All data daily .And after the datain excel sheet is appended it sholud be move to another folder called 'C:\Desktop|BACKUP' and i dont know the excel sheet name that are coming daily it should be kept sheduling daily the entire process.
Can any one help me
1 REPLY 1
sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10 sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
To identify the incoming file(s), you can use the FILENAME PIPE (engine) to identifying files for processing.

WIth this information you an execute a SAS macro using a SAS DATA step to read / import your Excel document with the LIBNAME EXCEL command.

The new, incoming data can be combined with your "All data daily" file using PROC APPEND.

And, lastly, you can use the CALL SYSTEM command to move the file to another folder.

I suggest you search the SAS support http://support.sas.com/ website using these keywords - you will find SAS-hosted documentation and supplemental technical and conference topic-related reference material for your reference and use with examples.

Scott Barry
SBBWorks, Inc.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation